Top 5 Best Anti-Aging Creams You Should Try Out Now
Your skin is at the mercy of many forces as we age: sun, harsh weather, and bad habits.
One of the major ways skin ages is through a loss of collagen. Collagen is a naturally occurring substance that helps keep skin looking plump, lifted and line-free.
While collagen loss occurs naturally as we age, an even greater amount is lost through environment
al assaults, particularly sun exposure and pollution.
Exposure to sunlight is the single biggest culprit in aging skin. Over time, the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) light damages certain fibers in the skin called elastin. The breakdown of elastin fibers causes the skin to sag, stretch and lose its ability to snap back after stretching.
Aging of the skin also depends on a variety of factors like your lifestyle, diet, heredity, and other personal habits. For instance, smoking can produce free radicals-once healthy oxygen molecules that are now overactive and unstable. Free radicals damage cells, leading to among many things, premature wrinkles.
Other culprits include stress, gravity, daily facial movement, obesity and even your sleep position.
Signs of Aging Skin
As our skin ages, changes like this naturally occur:
- Skin becomes rougher
- Skin becomes slack – The loss of elastic tissue (elastin) in the skin causes the skin to hang loosely
- Skin becomes more transparent – This is caused by the thinning of the epidermis
- Skin becomes more fragile and more easily bruised.
Basic Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips
Sun exposure remains one of the biggest culprits of aging skin so it’s never too late to begin protecting yourself from sun exposure and skin cancer.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Anti-Aging Creams You Should Know About
- 1.1 1. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer:
- 1.2 2. RoC Multi Correxion Lift Anti-Gravity Day Moisturizer SPF 30:
- 1.3 3. Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum:
- 1.4 4. La Roche-Posay Redermic R-Retinol Anti-wrinkle Solution:
- 1.5 5. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster:
You can do this by staying out of the sun, wearing protective clothing, and wearing sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher.
Also avoid deleterious habits like smoking and excess alcohol consumption as they age skin fast.
Eat diets containing lots of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats. Research suggests that eating plenty of food and vegetables may help prevent premature aging.
Diets containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging.
Drink a lot of water. Enough said.
Use moisturizers every day, especially moisturizers containing glycerin or hyaluronic acid. These humectants draw water to the surface of your skin and help your skin retain moisture.
Get enough sleep. Sleep gives your body time to refresh and renew itself.
Best Anti-Aging Ingredients
The best anti-aging creams contain ingredients that will help you look years younger.
Some of them are:
- Vitamins A and C– Vitamin A helps skin cells to renew themselves which will give your skin a fresher, younger appearance. Vitamin C is essential for the production of collagen which smoothens out skin, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Hyaluronic acid– Hyaluronic acid is also known as ‘nature’s moisturizer’ because of the amazing moisturization it gives the skin.
- Retinol– Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A. It is the most effective over-the-counter anti-aging ingredient when it comes to smoothing wrinkles, unclogging pores, lightening superficial brown spots, and improving the texture of the skin.
- Niacinamide– Niacinamide is a vitamin B derivative and it’s effective against dark spots resulting from acne scars, sun damage or old age. Niacinamide prevents melanin or pigmentation from rising to the surface. It also helps to improve the skin’s moisture barrier and collagen production.
5 Best Anti-Aging Creams You Should Know About
I have scoured the shelves of many anti-aging creams and these five are among the best anti-aging creams in the market.
1. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer:
For just a little price, this lightweight serum proves that skin-smoothing retinol and plumping, hydrating hyaluronic acid don’t need to break the bank.
This SPF 30 moisturizer was a hit with users who reported that it improved skin tone, softened fine lines, and firmed skin.
2. RoC Multi Correxion Lift Anti-Gravity Day Moisturizer SPF 30:
If you are looking for a non-retinol option, RoC multi Correxion Lift Anti-Gravity Day Moisturizer SPF 30 fits the bill.
This lotion feels wonderful on the skin and evens skin tone. This cream should be used carefully around the eyes and lids carefully because it stings if it gets into the eyes. Overall, RoC Multi Correxion Moisturizer with SPF 30 works.
3. Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum:
Boots No7 advanced serum supercharges aging skin with its Matrixyl 3000 plus, a powerful form of Matrixyl that works to restore a more youthful skin.
With its patented antioxidant complex, it helps protect skin from future signs of aging, keeping it looking younger for ages.
4. La Roche-Posay Redermic R-Retinol Anti-wrinkle Solution:
The key ingredients in this anti-aging product are retinol (stimulates collagen and elastin), retinyl linoleate (supports cell turnover and prevents accumulation of dead cells), lipo hydroxyl acid (exfoliates).
This milky white, faintly floral-scented cream feels thick and almost tacky on the skin at first but rubs into skin without leaving a residue.
It is paraben-free and attacks wrinkles without irritating the skin. La Roche-Posay anti-wrinkle solution leaves the skin feeling soft after use and lessens fine lines noticeably within a month.
5. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster:
This Ole Henriksen Truth is a high potency serum with a five-source vitamin C complex to brighten, boost collagen, and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
This weightless, fast-absorbing oil-free formula, enriched with green tea extract and sodium hyaluronate, penetrates deep into the skin, delivering antioxidant protection and essential hydration.
It is parabens, sulfates and phthalates free. 92% of subjects in a clinical study showed an improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the eye area in 4 weeks.